Krupskaya – UK Grindcore Band
Previous members (with thanks): Tim - Guitar (2005 - 2016), John - Bass (2005 - 2008), Mark - Drums (2009 - 2010), Skulda - Bass (2009 - 2010), Stacey - Bass (2008 - 2009)
Krupskaya is a grindcore band formed in 2005.
Our music is characterised by speed, contrast and intensity.
We want to play your town.
- Original Guitarist, Tim departs in December 2016.
- In January, Liam Riley (ex-Nervaxis) joins the band, work begins on new material.
- Nine new songs and three reworks of previous material are written up to September 2017.
- New material is written for our split with Norn.
- Initial plans are made for a split release with Closet Witch in 2018.
- Shows are booked for the end of the year in the UK.
- Our split release with Wojczech is released October 27th via 7 Degrees Records.
- At the start of the year, drums are completed for eight new tracks.
- We join Wojczech once again for a short UK tour.
- Writing and recording takes up most of the year for releases with Wojczech and Norn.
- Previously recorded music is released on a split with Foible Instinct, again via 7 Degrees Records.
- We play a week long tour across Ukraine, Romania and Macedonia with Warningfog.
- Tim departs the band.
- Writing begins on new material, while artwork and mastering are completed for the upcoming Wojczech split release.
- Remaining instruments for the upcoming split are recorded.
- In April we complete a 10-date tour across Russia and the Ukraine.
- Plans are made to record new music for two additional splits in the coming years.
- We play a pair of gigs in Iceland, including the Nordanpunk Festival.
- We perform on Chimpyfest 2015.
2013 & 2014
- Ed returns from South Africa, the band reformed with Matt (ex-After The Last Sky) on bass.
- Most of 2013 is spent rehearsing older material to get a complete, giggable set ready.
- Drums are recorded for a future release.
- Two tracks featuring Mark on drums are released as part of the Freedom Punker Vol 2 4-way split.
- In 2014 we play our first gigs since reforming, including a short UK Tour with Entrails Massacre.
- Previously unreleased music appears on the Swollen Lungs compilation.
2010 to 2013
- The split originally intended to be with Yattai is released with Sandokhan via 7 Degrees Records.
- Due to various circumstances, the band begins a hiatus.
- Periodically, Ed returns from South Africa to write rough drum parts/song ideas incase the band is continued in future.
- Stacey leaves the band and is not immediately replaced.
- The split with Yattai is delayed.
- We play a short UK tour across England, Ireland and Scotland with Human Error.
- Our split with Kill A Celebrity is released.
- A discography of all our music to date is released on tape, entitled ‘Viral Dissipation‘.
- Skulda (Shiva Yoga) replaces Stacey on Bass.
- We complete a six week tour across South East Asia, playing in Indonesia, The Phillipines, Thailand and Malaysia.
- At the start of the year, John departs the band and is replaced by Stacey.
- Plans begin for a longer European tour at the end of the year.
- A split tape with The Communion is released, featuring a live Krupskaya show.
- We plays shows in England and Scotland with Wojczech as part of a week long ‘Grind Over The UK’ tour.
- A thrash-metal cover split is released with Black Sister.
- Music is written and recorded for upcoming splits with Yattai and Kill A Celebrity.
- Ed announces he’ll be leaving the band at the end of the year to pursue shark research in South Africa.
- We appear on the One Way Ticket To Hell (Vol 3) compilation.
- A five week tour of Europe is completed at the end of the year, playing shows in Holland, Belgium, Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Romania and Macedonia.
- Ed is replaced with Mark (ex-Nervaxis), on drums.
- Gigging continues across the UK with plans made for a European Tour later in the year.
- Our Clouds Over Pripyat follow up record is release, Symbiosis Through Decay.
- In October we play a two week-tour across Europe, playing in Switzerland, Holland, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Belgium and Germany.
- A new song appears on the Sassbologna Fast Comp.
- A split record with Trendy Bastard is released towards the end of the year.
- We play our first live shows in February and complete the first demo CD. Preliminary work on our first album begins soon after.
- In April we join Antigama, Keitzer and Nashgul on the Grindcore Syndacite tour, our first international shows in Germany.
- Extensive gigging continues throughout the year.
- Our first album Clouds Over Pripyat is released.
- Work begins on a follow up record.
- Staffordshire-based bands FuckHatePropaganda, Kzzch and Skincheese each separate between July and November.
- Members from each of the bands still interested in writing music, form new project with a view to gigging and touring as quickly and extensively as possible. The lineup is Alex (Vocals), Tim (Guitar), John (Bass) and Ed (Drums.
- In December, Alex shares recent readings of Russian history and in particular the work of politician Nadezhda Konstantinovna “Nadya” Krupskaya. Instrumental in founding the Bolshevik revolution, Krupskaya eventually became a victim of the system she helped create, which conceptually worked with the tone and larger ideas of the band. Krupskaya became the name.
- The year ends with the writing of a rough 4-track demo.